No products in the cart.
The Perfect Mix of a Colored Pencil and a Pastel
Derwent Colorsoft pencils are soft, smooth, and velvety dry colored pencils. They have a bit of a bite against paper, like pastels or graphite, infused with the smoothness of a colored pencil. Richly pigmented, they can be mixed and blended to create an infinite spectrum of colors. They’re comfortable in hand and produce thick soft lines and are ideal for a wide range of drawing styles, from bold contemporary still life to portraiture and more detailed work like fashion illustration and landscapes. The hard 4mm core allows for a crisper edge and better control, which produces better results than most other lines. The pencil glides smoothly over a wide variety of drawing surfaces. Due to their softness you’ll be able to work much faster.
- Velvety soft core is perfect for mixing and blending
- The perfect mix of a colored pencil and a pastel
- Hues are rich and the barrels are sturdy for a sure grip
- Light fastness ranges from 2 to 8
- Durable metal tin includes 36 pencils, each of a standard color range
- Colorsoft pencils are acid-free and tested for lightfastness
- Color tab at the top of the pencil matches the color core for easy identification
- Pre-sharpened, so you can get to work right away
- 4 mm core
- Also available in a metal tin of 12, 24, or 72 and a wooden box of 18, 48, or 72
Created in Three Ways:
Blocking — Use the side of the pencil to lay down solid blocks of intense color.
Burnishing — Rub a white pencil across existing layers of color to blend them further and create precise highlights.
Blending — Lay any number of colors on top of each other to create rich, deep tones.
Since 1832, Derwent has been inspiring amateur and professional artists with an exceptional range of innovative fine art materials.